2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 9. … Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.
What does God say about supporting one another?
If God is for us, who can be against us?” “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”
What does the Bible say about loving one another?
1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” 23. John 15:12: “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
How do you encourage one another?
Continue encouraging and building one another up.
Ten Simple Ways to Build Each Other Up
- Esteem others higher. …
- Be wise in your speech. …
- Be encouraging. …
- Be quick to forgive. …
- Be understanding. …
- Zero gossip. …
- Share knowledge. …
- Stay humble.
What does the Bible say about bearing with one another?
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
How do you encourage someone spiritually?
- Ask the Patient How You Can Support Them Spiritually.
- Listen to Fears & Concerns Without Going into Your Own Stuff.
- Ask if You Can Pray with Them.
- Use the Gifts of Presence & Touch.
What does the Bible say about being too generous?
2 Corinthians 9:10-15
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. … And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you.
What are the 4 types of biblical love?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
Why does God want us to love one another?
It’s a commandment straight from the mouth of our Savior. And that love should reflect the love Jesus has for us. If we truly love one another, then we will give the very best of ourselves just as Jesus did for us. … They will see how we treat each other and they should know that we follow Jesus because of it.
How can we show God’s love to others?
More Ways to Show God’s Love
- 4 – Show God’s Love by Hosting Others. Opening up your home is a way that you can show God’s love to others and serve others as well. …
- 5 – Show God’s Love by Cooking a Meal for Others. …
- 6 – Show God’s Love by Providing Transportation. …
- 7 – Show God’s Love by Inviting Others into Your Life.
How do you encourage someone to be positive?
How to think positive thoughts
- Focus on the good things. Challenging situations and obstacles are a part of life. …
- Practice gratitude. …
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Open yourself up to humor. …
- Spend time with positive people. …
- Practice positive self-talk. …
- Identify your areas of negativity. …
- Start every day on a positive note.
What do you say to encourage someone?
Simple Thinking-of-You Encouragement
- “You’re never far from my thoughts.”
- “Know how often I think of you? …
- “You’re on my mind and in my heart.”
- “Keeping you close in my thoughts.”
- “Lifting you up in prayer and hoping you have a better day today.”
- “I can’t wait to catch up with you soon.”
What is an example of encouragement?
Encouragement is defined as an expression of support or approval, or is words or actions that assist or inspire someone or something. When you praise a child and encourage him to keep trying, this is an example of encouragement.
What does Jesus say about burdens?
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Can you have patience with one another?
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.”
Where in the Bible does it say to carry each other’s burdens?
Galatians 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.