Can I post a Bible verse on Facebook?
In general, if you’re only quoting a few, or even several, verses, you’re fine. Where you would get into trouble would be if you tried to publish the whole Bible, or a big chunk of it.
How do you quote Bible verses?
You do not need to include the Bible in your bibliography. When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon.
Is it okay to post Bible verse?
Christianity is messy and business is hard so don’t be afraid to be transparent. If you take time to share your journey and struggles in light of what God is doing, you will always have a witness to non-believers. The quick answer: Sure share Bible verses, but only if you share how God is changing your life today.
Can you be sued for quoting the Bible?
The answer is “it depends.” The New American Standard Bible, the New International Version, and the New King James Version have been copyrighted, as have many versions of the Bible since 1881, based on new translations. So quotes from long passages of their content may constitute infringement.
What are good quotes from the Bible?
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. So we do not lose heart. …
- 1 Peter 5:7. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58. …
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14.
How do you write scriptures?
- Use a colon (no space) to separate chapter from verse (Acts 4:12).
- Use an en dash between consecutive verse numbers (e.g. John 14:1–6).
- Use a comma to separate non-consecutive numbers (e.g. Acts 1:1–8,13–14).
- Use a semicolon to separate one chapter-and-verse reference from another.
How do you properly quote a quote?
How to Quote a Quote?
- In American English, use double quotation marks for quotations and single quotation marks for quotations within quotations.
- In British English, use single quotation marks for quotations and double quotation marks for quotations within quotations.
Is it a sin to post pictures?
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, OR THAT IS IN THE EARTH BENEATH, or that is in the water under the earth. The sin is disordered worship, or creating images which would cause others to worship anyone other than God.
What is Bible Lens app?
Bible Lens lets you see your favorite pictures through the lens of God’s Word. # BibleLens. Now on Android & Apple devices! Bible Lens helps you rediscover your favorite moments, with matching verses!
How do you put a picture on the Bible app?
To create a verse image
- Select the verse(s) you want to share.
- Select Image on the action menu that appears.
- Scroll down to select a background for your verse (some verses may also have pre-made images from which to choose). …
- Select Choose Image.
- Customize your image with fonts, colors, and other effects.