Rather than setting out to read passage after passage simply for the sake of reading the Bible front to back, try reading it in very small bits and pieces. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you and then choose a single verse or two. Read it, then read it again. Read it in several translations.
What is the best way to read the Bible to understand it?
A good alternative approach is to read the entire New Testament and then the Old Testament, skipping past the parts that are too detailed. Keep in mind there are many ways to explore the Bible — studies of a topic, a theme, a character, studies of a book, a chapter, a single word.
What is the easiest Bible to read and understand?
The Holy Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the World Bible Translation Center. It was originally published as the English Version for the Deaf (EVD) by BakerBooks.
How do you deeply understand the Bible?
So, here are some tips I’ve learned over the years that I thoroughly recommend adding to your bible study routine.
- Pray. …
- Don’t toss out any books of the bible. …
- Park yourself in one book. …
- Search out the context. …
- Hold off on using a commentary until the end. …
- Use different translations. …
- Define words.
What is a fun way to read the Bible?
However, others might enjoy it.
- Use a Bible app. Left: YouVersion Bible App. …
- Listen to an audio Bible. …
- Watch a visual Bible film. …
- Memorise a book of the Bible. …
- Put on a dramatic reading or performance of the bible.
- Listen to scripture-based worship songs.
- Try Bible verse mapping. …
- Give Bible journaling a go.
What is a good Bible for beginners?
- ESV English Standard Version.
- HSCB Holman Christian Standard Bible.
- KJV King James Version.
- NIV New International Version.
- NKJV New King James Version.
- NLT New Living Translation.
What happens when you read the Bible everyday?
Reading the bible daily, makes you a warrior for yourself, your marriage, and your family. As a mom, you set the tone for your family and you have a very powerful role of influence. … By reading scripture daily—you are taking a stand to turn your heart to God and His plans for you and your family.
What is a good Bible to study?
1. The Jeremiah Study Bible, NKJV. Written by one of the most celebrated Bible teachers in America, The Jeremiah Study Bible NKJV provides readers a deeper understanding of the scripture for an effective relationship with God. The book packs countless features that make it the best study bible in the market today.
Which Bible version is best?
More than 450 translations into English have been written. The New Revised Standard Version is the version most commonly preferred by biblical scholars.
- King James Version (55%)
- New International Version (19%)
- New Revised Standard Version (7%)
- New American Bible (6%)
- The Living Bible (5%)
- All other translations (8%)
Which Bible version is the most accurate and easy to understand?
King James Version ( KJV)
After over 400 years, King James Version is still the most accurate bible translation and the best on the planet!
How do you pray deeply?
5 Tips For A Deeper Prayer Life
- Focus on God. Individuals can learn how to have a deeper prayer life by studying the Bible and learning what Jesus taught about prayer. …
- Rejoice, Praise and Thankfulness. …
- Confession and Forgiveness. …
- Slow Down and Listen. …
- Plan for Prayer Time.
What is a fun way to memorize Bible verses?
21 Free Bible Memory Verse Games Kids Love
- Word Wipe Out. Write your memory verse on a chalkboard or dry erase board. …
- Verse Shuffle. Write the verse or passage on index cards – one word or phrase per card. …
- Word Scramble. …
- Gotcha! …
- One-Minute Pit Stop. …
- Toss Across. …
- Verse Puzzle. …
- SMS Scripture Codes.
What is the deep in the Bible?
Tehom (Hebrew: תְּהוֹם), literally the Deep or Abyss (Ancient Greek: ἄβυσσος), refers to the Great Deep of the primordial waters of creation in the Bible.
Why do I find the Bible boring?
Some of the reasons you might find it boring include: perhaps its literary forms don’t resonate with you intellectually. Some books are hard work to read, but people read them anyway because of how the book changes them, not entertains them. … The Bible isn’t a novel that can be read fro.
How do I read the Bible without getting bored?
Here are 7 ways:
- Set the mood.
- Buy a premium Journaling Bible.
- Choose a translation that works for you.
- Get a reading plan.
- Read commentaries or Google the context.
- Remember that the Bible is a breathing book.
What is the value of reading the Bible out loud?
Concluding Thoughts to Leave You With
But try reading out loud; this forces you to think about emphasis and decide on emphasis with much more attention and focus. At the end of the day, it really matters both what you say and how you say it. Give it a try!